Stingray 3-Person Tree Tent (3.0)
The Stingray "treehouse-in-a-bag", is the world's best-selling Tree Tent model, design and made so you can best play, camp and explore the great outdoors.
The Tentsile Stingray is our flagship Tree Tent, delivering the most unique and comfortable way of enjoying time in the trees, with enough space to sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 kids. Super strong and durable, this product is a "treehouse in a bag" and perfect for those who want to take their comfort camping experience to the next level!
The Stingray's acclaimed design has been featured in the Museum of Modern Art in New York and won multiple international awards for its design, functionality and practicality. It can be set up over any type of terrain and offers increased separation from the cold wet ground and those pesky critters and other creepy crawlies!
The Stingray is for anyone looking to raise their camping game for a uniquely magical, fun, comfortable experience. Designed for families and small groups, it has enough space for up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children, to sleep in absolute cloud-comfort. No matter if you are a back sleeper, side sleeper or front sleeper! Also great for bad backs! ;)
A great option for car camping with friends and family, or setting up a basecamp on a multiple day trip, first time tree campers will fall in love with the ease of set-up, storage facilities, practical usage and overall space the Stingray offers.
Like all of our tree tents and hammocks, the Stingray can be set up over any gradient hillside or lumpy bumpy ground conditions and packs down into a single bag that can also be used as a rucksack, so it is easy and simple to pack and carry.
While it’s not as light as the Flite or UNA, the Stingray isn’t excessively heavy for the amount of space it creates, shelter it provides, and all the previously uninhabitable places it opens up where you couldn't camp before!
The Stingray is also a perfect solution for kayak and canoe trips as it can be set up on the banks of rivers, lakes and streams where you cannot find any flat ground.
Looking for an even more ultra-hardcore Tree Tent, or running a campsite, retreat or Airbnb? Check out our Safari Stingray.
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions, click here!
- Only use the product after reading and in accordance with the product manual.
- Recommended setup height is 1.2m / 4ft.
- Minimum tree diameter 40cm/16”.
- Due to continuous design improvements, details may vary slightly from those stated here.
- Our Tree Tents and Hammocks are not intended to be permanent structures. Each of our products has a UV rating which advises on average how many hours the product can be left out exposed to sunlight. This can vary depending on climate and altitude. If left out in the sun for prolonged periods of time UV degradation will occur, affecting both the colour and strength of your product. Our best practice advice is to pack away your tree tent or hammock after each use, ensuring it is both clean and dry.
- Please remember, every day your hammock is left up unused, is a day of use lost.
The Stingray uses a unique 3-point anchoring system to create tension, giving you a taut fabric base to sleep on. The tent floor has the perfect amount of "give" to cushion and cradle your body, giving you the most comfortable night's sleep you've ever had in a tent or hammock.
- The tent floor is built using a rip-stop, 290D polyester/Nylon blend with 20+m of seatbelt webbing of reinforcement. This patented feature not only adds strength to the tent, but creates adjustable, separate sleeping bays for each occupant and prevents you both from rolling to the middle of the tent. The underfloor straps can be calibrated to balance out any weight differences.
- Designed for 3 adults (and all their gear) or 2 adults and 2 children, the Stingray will hold 400kg / 880lbs.
- This tent is rated for 2,500 hours of UV exposure.
- The Stingray comes with a built-in no-see-um insect mesh to protect you from insects and other creepy crawlies.
- The 70D polyester rainfly is PU coated to 5,000HH and can be fully removed for fantastic views and summer breeze but when attached, completely encloses the tent and keeps you dry in even the heaviest downpours. The rainfly extends outwards from the tent giving you a large, dry area underneath the tent to store gear or act as covered living space.
- The tent is built with 3 x internal storage nets, perfect for holding small personal items and 3 x underfloor storage nets ideal for backpacks and other items.
- The large central hatch makes it easy to climb in and out of the tent.
- With only 3 ratchets and 2 poles, setting up the tent is straightforward and can be completed by a single person - though it's always good to have a friend on hand to make things a little easier.
Specifications & Sizing
What's In the Box?
Stingray Range Comparison Chart
For further setup guidance, please see Guides, Tips & Advice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do you need perfectly spaced trees?
A: No, but they need to be less than 90 degree angles from each other.
Q: Can I use without trees?
A: Yes, we have Ground Conversion Kits so you can set up on the ground.
Q: How long do they take to set up?
A: First time, probably 30-40 minutes, after that about 10-15 minutes.
Q: How comfy are they?
A: Our patented technologies make our Tree Tents and Hammocks the comfiest camping solution on the market.
Q: How strong are they?
A: Very strong! We state 1/3 of their actual load capacity, as working load limit.
Q: Do you all roll into the middle?
A: No, because all our products include our patented “anti-roll system” to prevent this. Like magic!
Q: How to adjust the anti-roll strap?
A: The anti-roll straps are located under the tent and can be adjusted using the buckle when the unit is slack.
Q: How fun are they?
A: They are the most fun you can have in the trees. And that goes for all age groups!
Our products are meticulously designed and made to tough it out and provide shelter in some of the world's harshest environments. We are totally proud of the quality and durability of our range and have a guarantee to back it up!
All our Tree Tents and Giant Hammocks come with a 1-year Manufacturer's Warranty for our Ocean, Lightweight, LITE & Classic Ranges, and a 2-year Manufacturer's Warranty for our Safari Range.
If your tent or hammock arrives defective we will repair your product or if necessary, issue a replacement (terms and conditions apply).
Learn More about our product warranty.
Please visit our shipping page for up to date information on shipping prices and lead times.