The Best Floating Tent You’ve Ever Seen
…The rigid inflatable SUP base provides insulation in both ground and air modes but also allows the tent to float on water. This provides an amazing sunbathing deck and play structure, great for summer days at the lake or even for some casual fishing.”
The Tentsile Universe being used to fish on a lake in the woods.
Imagine having a tent that can float on the water, hover in the air, and be set up on the ground if you find yourself in the desert with no water or trees. Plus it is roomy enough to fit your closest friends and a dog or two. It comes equipped with a rainfly and insect mesh to keep you protected from the elements, and a ton of other handy features. Sounds like a dream, right?
Well, this tent is the real deal.
Tentsile took their already sweet Tree Tent and made it float. The final result is quite possibly the most versatile adventure tent ever made. This is the world’s first-ever three-element tent and it's guaranteed to create unforgettable camping memories.
The Tentsile Universe
Dubbed the Tentsile Universe because it can go on land, air and water, this floating tent completely encloses, making it a proper 4-season tent that can fit up to five people when pitched on the ground. In addition, the Universe comes with a removable rainfly and no-see-um insect mesh, for guaranteed protection from the heaviest rains and the worst mosquito conditions. The tent also features three internal storage pockets to keep your essential items handy and within reach while you sleep.
Fun activities you can do with a Floating Tent
- Floating Party: Deck out the platform with decorations, lights, and music for an unforgettable floating party experience. Invite your friends, bring some snacks, and sing, dance and splash the day away.
- Water Sports: Use the Universe as basecamp to engage in various water sports activities such as paddleboarding, kayaking, snorkelling or water aerobics.
- Fishing Platform: Find a serene spot on a lake or river and turn the platform into a comfortable fishing spot. Spend a relaxing day casting your line and enjoying nature.
- Floating Picnic: Set up a cosy picnic with your friends or family on the platform, whether on a calm lake or a grassy park. Enjoy the beautiful surroundings while having a meal.
- Floating Yoga or Meditation: Use the platform’s stability to practice yoga poses or engage in peaceful meditation sessions. The gentle rocking motion can enhance relaxation.
- Sunbathing and Relaxation: Use the centre hatch as a drinks water-cooler as you kick back and soak up the sun, read a book, or take a nap.
- Stargazing: Take the platform to a calm lake at night, away from city lights, and enjoy a magical stargazing experience. Lay back and identify constellations or make a wish upon shooting stars.
- Take family camping into the woods while staying away from the creepies found on the forest floor. Full insect and water protection for up for 5 people inside!
- Fully insulated inflatable floor will keep you separated from the cold ground even in colder conditions. The inflated base can be pumped up to suit your own level of comfort, whether that be hard as a board, or soft and snuggly.
Hanging the Universe as a Tree Tent
If you cannot find a flat spot to pitch the tent or wish to fulfil your childhood treehouse dreams, the Universe can be hung hammock-style with ratchets and straps connecting to three trees. Suspended in the air, the Universe can hold three adults, 2k kids plus gear, with an overall capacity of 880lbs / 400kg.
The Floating Tent of Your Dreams
The most exciting feature of this 5 person tent is, without a doubt, its ability to float. This stand-up paddle board-style tent raft is designed to float on calm water, offering a fun space for casual fishing or just chilling on the lake. For a bonus, the rain fly can be rigged up as a sunshade and the insect mesh can be removed for on-water use. The Universe is not designed for actually sleeping on the water; water mode is for recreational use only.
The base of the Universe uses an inflatable drop-stitch PVC floor that also provides extra insulation and cushion when sleeping on the ground. The total floor area clocks in at 100 square feet and there’s an additional 165 square feet of protected porch area. As for the rainfly, it’s made from high-quality 210T PU-coated polyester which will keep you dry in all but the heaviest snowfall. The entire system weighs just under 100 pounds making it best fitted for car camping and waterside hangouts and it comes with all poles, ratchets, and straps required for setup as well as a car powered air pump for the inflatable base.The Universe can be enhanced with all sorts of fun accessories such as a webbing ladder, drink holders, and sky pad mattresses. You can even make room for more friends by slinging up additional tree tents and hammocks nearby.